First Day in Hong Kong

Hong Kong Travel Blog

HOng Kong Airport

So our trip got delayed one day.  We took off on Tuesday, Dec. 18th around 3pm (Eastern US Time).  However, about 4 hours into the flight, we had to turn around due to a passenger needing medical attention.  We ended up landing in Toronto for the night and staying in a hotel.

But we are here now!  A day later than expected, but I don't really care since we will be here for while.  I just have to say that the Hong Kong Airport was the most efficient airport I have ever been to.  We got off the plane, went through customs, and got our luggage in about 30 minutes time!

Once my aunt picked us up, we went back to her apartment.  The view from her apartment is amazing!  The balcony looks right over a horse track and some playing fields.  The lights in the city are unlike any city i've ever been to.  Everything is lit up so bright and the buildings are unevenly placed on the mountainous landscape.

After settling down and washing up, we went out to dinner, which was just a walk down the street.  It was an early night for us since we were so exhausted from our flight adventure.

Ourtside Hong Kong Airport