Arriving in Hurghada

Hurghada Travel Blog

The bus arrived 20 minutes later than it was suppose to, but that is really not a big deal.  I found a cab driver to take me to Salga, one of the districts of Hurghada.  The ferry to Sharm El Shiek is suppose to be in this area.

I got out at one place called the Sea Gull Resort.  While they did have room available, at 60 Euros a night it was a little too expensive for a place where I would be sleeping at for two nights.  I went to the next place down the road and they had no rooms available.  I continued on.  I met a local guy who was just fascinated that I was carrying a backpack and a duffle bag and offered to help me.  Nice guy.  We went to another hotel and they wanted  $80 for just the night.  I thought that was a little steep for one night.  The next place was a discount hotel and they had one room for tonight and it is “currently in a state of being remodeled” but they let me sleep there for 150 Egyptian Pounds for the night, but promised if possible to give me a better room for tomorrow at the same price.  I took it.  My room is less than adequate but for the little that I am spending, I will not complain.

The guy who helped me out took me to a nightclub.  I am not a big fan of dance music and I am not a big fan of resort towns, which is what  Hurghada is.  Needless to say that dance music being playing in a nightclub in a resort town could have been enough to make me go nuts.  Instead I was content with finding a cold and inexpensive beer at the bar.  After a few Stella beers, I went back to my room and listened to the dance music being cranked from a nearby nightclub.  I should be able to survive this place for the next 30 hours as long as I can get out of here on Saturday.

Hurghada