Snorkeling at Rincon beach

Rincon Travel Blog

Finding a good place to snorkel
On our way back to San Juan on our round trip of Puerto Rico we stopped a couple of beaches. One of them is the famous Rincon beach. Perfect for snorkeling or so I heard. Unfortunately with tropical storm Jeanne on the way the water wasn't as clear as usual. None the less it was a perfect day at the beach. We drove down a dirt road and parked the car in the shade since it was another really hot day in the Caribbean.
We loaded our backs with bags, chairs and snorkeling equipment and headed through the bushes towards the beach. This is how you find the best places for having a beach all to yourself. As far as my eyes could see to the left and the right there was no one! We kept walking searching for a good place to head into the water. Me always having an open eye for unusual looking sea shells.
Watching for crabs.. Seriously!

We made camp and got out the gear. Climbing over the rocks and getting into the water wasn't too bad. The waves however were pretty strong. We snorkeled for a little while but decided it wasn't worth getting hurt by getting slammed into one of the reefs. I saw a few fishies but they all looked gray in gray because the water was so disturbed that day.
We climbed back on the rocks sitting down chilling when I noticed that there was something moving next to me. Sure enough there was about five crabs curiously crawling towards me. I didn't expect that at all so fast as the wind I went from sitting down to standing on my tip toes screeching like a girl. I scared the poor little things away by doing that, which didn't stop them from coming back after I relaxed and sat back down.
palm trees, watch you for falling coconuts
Surely enough everything I touched seemed to grow feet and run for cover. haha I picked up a "sea shell" and that is exactly what happened. The crap inside wasn't too happy that I tried to steal its house.
After all that excitement we went for a stroll along the beach. Found an old deserted boat which must have been there for a couple of years. My friends said probably a boat from Cuba. I don't know if they were serious or not.
Saw many more craps, almost got hit by a coconut falling out of a tree and picked up many more alive things.
On the way home we bought fresh coconut on the side of the road. Didn't taste at all like what  I had expected but it was good none the less.
Watching for crabs.. Seriously!
palm trees, watch you for falling …
palm trees, watch you for falling…
I heart Puerto Rico
I heart Puerto Rico
Rincon beach
Rincon beach
snorkeling
snorkeling
coconuts
coconuts
what I thought was a sea shell
Rincon