San Antonio

San Antonio Travel Blog

The Alamo

In August 2006, my ex and I had gone to San Antonio to consider relocating from Las Vegas to the Texas Hill Country.  He was from the Houston area and said if he ever moved back to Texas, it would be the hill country only.  We went out for a long weekend and checked out San Antonio along with Canyon Lake which is in between San Antonio and Austin.

We spent the first night in San Antonio and wandered around the Riverwalk and did the touristy dinner on the barge which was awesome!  The area was so beautiful (but even hotter than Vegas) and definitely a popular tourist stop.  Parking was a bit of a nightmare around the Alamo and the Riverwalk which is probably to be expected on a summer weekend.

poohstanggt says:
You know, I have no clue if they do or not to be honest...I bet there is some tour company doing it though. The Riverwalk was really awesome - I LOVED the whole atmosphere - great bars and restaurants. Just a fun place!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2008
bkretzer says:
Hi Erin! The Alamo and Riverwalk are on my "To Do" list. Do they offer any kind of guided tour at the Alamo?
Posted on: Mar 09, 2008
San Antonio downtown
San Antonio downtown
San Antonio Riverwalk area
San Antonio Riverwalk area
San Antonio Hotels & Accommodations review
Sketchy Area!!!
Eeeeek! We had needed a couple nights of inexpensive lodging in the San Antonio Riverwalk area prior to venturing out to Hill Country to start looking… read entire review