The great journey has come to an end...

Adelaide Travel Blog

Well, my six months are almost up. In just four very short days I'll be on a plane back home. It's a bit strange, but at the same time I'm really looking forward to going home, I have no energy left for travelling. at least not this time. But i keep thinking I'll be back someday, and not too far into the future either.

It's pissing raining in Adelaide today, and I can barely move my jaw due to my infected wisdom tooth, that they don't want to pull out four days before I'm going home. Apparently traveling for two days after surgery, however minor, is not recommended. So now I'm on antibiotics instead. Hope they work fast... lol

One thing i sort of regret, is that I haven't really seen any sights in Adelaide yet. for all the time I've spent here, I haven't seen all that much. Everyone says that Adelaide is boring, and i sort of agree, but I haven't really tried to not make it boring, so I can't really say anything. I really wish I'd checked out more things to do earlier, as i now really wish I'd gone to the Coopers brewery. but it's too late now, I don't have any money left, and the car's still not running, so I wouldn't know how to get there.

I'm going to miss a lot of things, but I can't wait to go home, where I don't have to work so hard to make friends, and constantly offer something of myself, like you do when travelling from one place to another alone. At home I already have friends who know me, so I don't have to work to have someone to hang out with... all in all, it's time to go home. and then I'll have to worry about getting a job...

So bye bye Australia, I'll never forget you, and I'll make sure to visit again. Thank you for all you've done for me, and all the great people I've met. It's been a wonderful friendship, and I know it'll last 'till the day i die... (dramatic much?)

annthansten says:
I agree. I just didn't make enough of an effort when i was there, and i regret that. But I will, next time ;)
Posted on: Apr 27, 2009
shirlan says:
Adelaide might surprise you. It depends what you are looking for.
Posted on: Apr 27, 2009