great indian

Port Augusta Travel Blog

We've finally reached Port Augusta. I'm enjoying the trip, but the days of driving are really really long, so it was very good to find a campground.
we set up tents, and went to the reception to ask for a place to eat. They gave us a few take-away menus, recommending the fish and chip shop above all. I can't say that grease was very high on my list at that moment, I'd have to be extremely hungover to even consider it. So we decided to go for indian. Curry is always good.

Went to have a shower first, it's amazing how fast you get filthy in this part of Australia, with the heat and the dust everywhere. There's nothing better after a long drive than to get into the shower and just watch the dirt fall off your skin with the water. and the showers in this campground were the cleanest I've seen on a camp ground so far. My guess is that they'd just renovated, or at least painted, it was so bright.  And nothing I've seen so far in this country is ever that clean...

after putting on some semi-clean clothes we were off to search for the indian take-away. We found it sort of easily, after all, the menu had a map on it, but it seemed very fancy for a take-away. Turns out it was a resturant. Which we were definitely no dressed for... But we got in and got a table. They were almost closing, so we had to order fast, but that wasn't a problem. We got a few different things, and I gave my dad a quick course in eating Indian, with all sorts of side dishes. after all, we hadn't really been to any resturants during our trip, so we could splurge a little. and it wasn't expensive either.

And the food was amazing. really really good. and there was a lot of it, my dad couldn't even eat it all, and he can eat a lot!

Port Augusta