Phuket Travel Blog

First, I have to apologize, I have misjudged Phuket (in fact, I shouldnt be until I actually have been here)- from what I heard, I imagine it to be tourist-y and overrated - full of touts and red-light bars, but actually its really nice here. The beach is beautiful, hard to imagine that this is the same beach where the devastating tsunami came from taking thousands of lives in Dec 04. Was it that Phuket has always been nice but with bad reputation or did all the water made it cleaned up its act?

The place is great, the beach area is lines with souvenir and tour shops, hotels and nice beachfront restaurants. There are lots of bars, but not too bad as I thot, mostly located on the in-famous Bangla Street. I didnt hit the bars but I had fun checking it out. I stayed at a lovely hotel - Patong Inn, fronting the beach and just next to Banana Disco.The first night I went to FantaSea theme park in Kamala beach,a real wonderland and the show is spectacular, a not-to-missed if in Phuket.

Second day in I just soaked up on the sun and surf, had a relaxing sleep the night before but slept again on the beach. I'm loving Spy's mai tai mix, my companion at the beach. All you need at the beach is just to get a beach chair (100 baht) and you can sit there the whole day, there are people going around selling everything you need in a politely manner, so you really dont need to move, except for an occasional swim once in a while. The best part about the trip is that this time of the year is a low season so it is not crowded here, of course there's a risk of it raining, but so far mother nature has been really kind to me and its been sunny the whole day!

I went for Phi Phi island tour on my third day. Beacuse it is low season, the tour is half price! (1500 baht)

On my last day I was at Patong beach again, relaxing and having a massage by the beach, then went around the island,

• checking-out other beaches - Karon and Kata, I would say that Kata is the best beach among the three,
  • Karon Viewpoint - hilltop viewpoint overlooking Karon, Kata and Kata Noi beach.
  • Wat Chalong

Phuket Sights & Attractions review
Phuket FantaSea
Phuket FantaSea, a cultural theme park The theme park is located in Kamala beach. Most tour agents around Phuket, especially in Patong beach sells … read entire review
photo by: Aclay01