Volunteering @ Todd Taylor Wines

Clarksburg Travel Blog

Me at the winery

Well, I thought I needed to include one actual blog entry for my days of volunteering down at Todd Taylor Winery. I am writing a review of the winery but want to keep the review just about the wine and the winery so I thought I'd post my personal photos here! I met Todd and Gloria Taylor early last year after they first opened the tasting room.  We got to know each other just from my visits to the tasting room and enjoying their wines. One day Gloria said she was looking for volunteers to pour wine and I was like, "OMG, Where do I sign up?!?!" I've only been able to volunteer about once a month due to traveling so much but I'd do it every weekend if I could! It's exciting for me as I've seen them since their early beginnings....only starting out with barrel tasting to their first bottle offering.

Cindy and I volunteering (April 08)
  Now they have eight wines available and a few almost ready for bottling!

I am so into wine and for those that know me, this is like a dream come true.  I've always dreamt of living in Napa someday and working/volunteering at a winery but this is seriously better!! There is probably no way I could volunteer at a winery in Napa nor would I enjoy it near as much as the time I've spent with the Taylors.  Both Todd and Gloria are two of the nicest people you will ever meet and Todd is obviously an incredible winemaker!

I will continue to update this blog entry as I work future events. I hope to start working some more days since crush season is almost upon us and I am ready to get dirty and learn how to make wine! LOL

Gloria Taylor and I
Gloria Taylor and I
Me hanging out by the barrels!
Me hanging out by the barrels!
Clarksburg