Vincent Arroyo Barrel Sampling Party

Calistoga Travel Blog

Vincent Arroyo is a very small boutique vineyard located in Calistoga off Highway 29 and the main winery path.  Vincent has become more popular through the years and now tasting is by appointment only, unless there is a special event.  I cannot say I blame him given the vineyard is actually his residence and he used to conduct all the tastings himself on the weekends.  Vincent Arroyo is known for his increasingly popular Petite Sirah which is on a waiting list basis only now and his annual blend named after one of his dogs!

Every year at the last weekend in February, he offers a complimentary barrel sampling party of his newest vintage.  This year was raining but the place was packed, requiring parking out on the main street and golf cart transportation back into the winery grounds!  Although I am happy to see the success of his wines, it has become even harder to get one of his Petite Sirahs!

We didn't have much time to socialize and hang out since we were headed to a crab feed that evening in Napa but thought it would be fun to stop by for a little bit and check things out.  Of course, I still made time to try all the wines and sample the food paired with each.  :-)

Calistoga Sights & Attractions review
Hidden Petite Syrah Gem in Calistoga!
I stumbled upon Arroyo winery many years ago after an article appeared in Southwest magazine on the top 5 lesser known vineyards to hit in the Napa re… read entire review
photo by: alygally