A Quick Tour of the Castle (Castello Di Amorosa) with Liz (Quest)

Calistoga Travel Blog

On our way back to Sacramento for Thanksgiving dinner, I wanted to show Liz another one of my favorite wineries in the Napa Valley.  Unfortunately, we did not have time to do the full 1 hour tour and the prices are actually double on holidays (eeek) so we did a regular tasting and wandered the grounds.  This is where V. Sattui holds their Harvest Ball and I already warned Brett he has to come out this September for the formal ball so I plan on finally getting to dance the night away in the amazing place!  This is the castle I have photos of during construction from my uhhhh, trespassing days! LOL.

The castle is a replica of an Italian castle that Darryl Sattui has spent his life savings on.  It even has a torture chamber that you get to visit on the tour.  We took quite a few photos of the castle grounds and knight's room and then we were off for our tasting.  I knew they had a good number of whites so Liz would be good! LOL.  I did the reds of course and finished off with one of their dessert wines.

I LOVE this winery!  I need to join their wine club so I can attend some of their private events like the masquerade ball they are having Valentine's weekend. I would love to attend but I'd need a date since Brett will be in the process of moving to Taiwan in February! :-(  Oh well, next year!! :D

Quest says:
I loved this place, and I'd like to go back there one day.. :o)
Posted on: Feb 01, 2009