Fort Point - Revisited

San Francisco Travel Blog

I actually wiped out on this one!!
Paddle out: It was not easy, as I had forgotten my boots, but did not think about that anymore.  I jumped out, one hand on a rock, one toe on another one, my left hand tightly holding my board and my eyes always on the coming waves smashing the rocks where  I has bouncing.

Envision: I took off on a couple of ones, the drop, the lip, heavy, heavy enough to beat me senseless.  After about 20 minutes, three more guys paddle out.  My friend Julia, whom I had called to inform, turned up next to me and we both headed out past the pillar, way out.
We were followed by number of coming surfers, about 20 or so.   We were out, further than any time I had remembered being before.
The take off again
  Yet the sets kept coming, deeper and further than the previous one.

Longest ride.... I caught the waves of the session, a 10+ wave face, yet the drop felt like a 15 drop.  After the drop, an immediate wall and bending lip over, I turned back to check the distance between me the rocks, nothing white water, so I just started picking up speed, no rip, until after few strides I realized I had  a long stretch to "rip."  After a 15 second ride, my legs were shaking and began to cramp.   I was near the beach after that long ride, and turned back to see, it looked like a long, very long paddle; I decided I had enough.

At the parking lot my friend Patrick had taken a few pictures and here are the pictures just to put an image on this blog.
PS, my feet are all scratcjed and cut out, and can barely walk, but it was WORTH IT!!!!!

Me on take off
Me on take off
Tourists
Tourists
Yep
Yep
This guy was really good.
This guy was really good.
Nice!