Just some random information about my stay in Paris :)

Paris Travel Blog

"Le mois de photographie"
That was the month i spend in Paris last year, novembre 2007!
I'm a newly graduated photographer and i wanted to see a bit more of the photographyworld so i assisted some photographers there, can you imagine any better place to do so than paris?! I combined this with visiting a lot of photo expositions at least, that was what i was planning to do haha... it turned out that i met so many nice people there that i couldn't find enough time to visit all expositions.
The best one was Paris Photo in carrousel du louvre, it was there for just three days but all the photographers exposing were there.... believe me all the big names were there or the very talented (dead) ones in photo haha, that would be a bit disgusting... having them there aswell!

I combined my assistancy-plans with going to a language school while being there, cause honestly... i couldn't talk a word of french except for ca va ofcourse hahah and the famous voulez vous couchez avec moi but i wasn't really feeling like saying that to everyone i met (!).
And knowing that french people prefer not to speak english i thought it would be the smartest thing to do so. I called up an organization i went to Firenze (florence> italy) too aswell Tricolore, they give you a place to stay in studenthome/guesthome/appartment and provide you with a languageschool.  I love this organization and it takes away the pressure to find a place to stay.

I stayed in Rue rosabonheur, thats in the 15ieme and if i walked out one side of my street i could see the eiffeltower and the other side of the street i could see les invalides!!! such an amazing location.. cannot believe how lucky i was hahah
my school was a bit up north, so i was less happy with my location while the train/metro/bus people were doing the big strike: which made me walk to school every morning for about an hour, or 40 minutes halfwalking half running :) but nevertheless i was running by alll the nice famous paris places and with my ipod on it was actually a great walk... only i had to throw away my shoes when i was heading to amsterdam, they died!

If you're going to paris and feel like going to a nice bar you have to just walk into the streets around st michel and you can find really nice places!! oh and also, cause a lot of paris clubs are really i must say pretentieus and full of french richkids (beer is 8 euro, that's a small heineken!!)
and they only let you in on your looks -it didn't stop me from getting in.. but that's what i heard from others-  and the music is compared to amsterdam a bit ehm, boring hahahah :) SO i have a big advice:
if you want to go dancing and listen to good music (when my sister was visiting we've danced from 23.30 till 4.30 nonstop)  go to "le nouveau casino" i loved the place!! oh and there's another nice place to go to they have cool parties and a lot of open mic nights with surprisingly good bands, that's what they told me, my experience: one terrible canadian highpitchedcrying jamesblunt sound-a-like which was... guess what, not so good in my opinion :) he was followed up by this Bishop Allen, which was really really really nice!!!! and a bit underground too i believe > Alimentation Generale < i believe that's the name, or that's the name of another place which is also good... haha ok i'm confused now :)

photo by: Sweetski