Sleepy Copenhagen

Copenhagen Travel Blog

reflections on copenhagen:

1. Reminded me a lot of Melbourne in that it has architectural similarities, it is reasonably small, and has similar shopping districts.

2. Also, like Melbourne, there's not heaps to do.

3. Walked around most of it within 2 days. Quite pleasant.. except for..

4. Walked through Christiania, an infamous hippy commune with the famous (allegedly) Pusher Street. Got offered hash. Declined.

Now here was where I made my mistake - I kept walking. It seems that tourists essentially come to see the area around Pusher street, then turn around and shuffle off. I decided to just keep walking and see where it took me. It took me deep into the depths of the hippy commune, amongst their rundown houses, mangy dogs and junkie/serial-killer types. It looked like some horrible combination of Nimbin and Deliverance. And I couldn't find a way out!n Panicking just a little, I finally managed to enter some woods that took me behind the houses and emerged, eventually, out of the commune. I was just happy that I still had both of my kidneys.

booboosexxy says:
Trust you to get distracted and end up in a hippy commune! Good Work! lol Would of been scary exciting though...........
Posted on: Jan 16, 2008