Day 3 - Notre Dame and shopping!!!

Paris Travel Blog

Gargoyles on top of Notre Dame
Since I was still overwhelmed by all I had seen the day before at the Louvre I was going to take it easy today. After all I had already seen some of the most important sights. At least the ones that were important to me.
I started with another wonderful breakfast at the same place from yesterday. After charging my batteries for yet another day of walking I made my way back to my main goal for today.
There was already a line outside Notre Dame so I waited. I wanted to climb to the bell tower and get the view! It was truly amazing. The gargoyles were pretty scary looking.  I got to see two of the five bells, but no hunchback in sight. haha
I was able to spot the Eiffel tower which isn't that hard from up here. I also spotted something else in the distance and I wondered how long it would take me to get there.
Archway of Notre Dame
Checked my bus map and saw that there was no stop for it on my route. :-(  After asking a few tourists I found out that it was the Sacre Coeur cathedral and that it was close (not really) to the Gare du nord (the north train station). So I decided to maybe check it out tomorrow before traveling home.
After the climb I went inside the cathedral. There was so much to see and without a guide you're pretty helpless, or at least I am. If I hear a story about something I'm more likely to remember certain things. The famous window was very impressive. Again, I have no idea what it is called. When I was done on the inside I walked around the whole structure to the back. It looks kinda weird from the back. I had never seen anything like it.
Now I had at least half a day to kill, I decided to hop back on the bus since I hadn't used the ticket all day yesterday.
Notre Dame
I just used  to warm up since it was lightly snowing outside. brrrrrrrr
Driving by the Louvre again in its whole glory. I didn't even realize how big it was since I had walked here the day before. The next stop was the Musee D'Orsay, but I was all museumed out so I didn't get off the bus.
Driving over the Concorde bridge to Concorde plaza again was even better the second time around. I decided to get out here and check out the surrounding area. My memory stick had long been filled up with pictures so I was kind of mad at myself for not getting more memory before I had left on my adventure. I did try to get a SD card but hell, I wasn't going to pay a 100 Euros for a 128 MB card. I'm cheap like that. haha  (Added 2010: Can you believe they used to cost that much???)
I did some shopping, bought some yummy pineapple pieces in rum at the Maxim store. Chocolates and other gift ideas people!!! Not the magazine. lol
I jumped on my bus again and enjoyed the sight on Paris one last time.
Tomorrow I was going to be half way home at this time.
Notre Dame from the back