Sri Lanka the tour

Kalutara Travel Blog

One of my friends have a travel agency. She just came back from Sri Lanka and she was so happy when she came back. So we decided also to go to this amazing place on earth. It was a long, horrible flight and our suitcase was ripped open. We thought maybe someone put something in it. After a strange phonecall on our mobile phone with a local number we we're a little afraid. But finaly we discovered that the airport opened our suitcase because they did'n't recongnise our diving stuff. I use lead on my legs and they never saw it before. So everything was ok, we only had to buy a new suitcase.

The hotel in Kalutara was amazing. Luxuous rooms and very friendly people. There was a big pool and lots of great food. At the end of the private section of the hotel there was a gate to the beach. On this small beach there were a lots of poor people who tried to sell everthing they could. Security watched them and sent them away from the tourists. In the hotel I enjoyed a great massage and after a few ddays of relaxing we decides to discover Sri Lanka.  With a private driver we started our tour. The roads on Sri lanka are terrible. If the roads were fine we could do this trip in two days now we needed 4 haha.  We saw many plantations. Like rubber, banana's and ofcourse the tea plantations. But we also visited the english area. Real old fashion englisch culture has left there.  We enjoyed the orphan elephants. Amazing animals and so big.  Lots of people tried to earn some money by letting tourist feed animals. Children bagging for pencils or are selling flowers. Sometimes I tried to hide from it. It is also a place to realise that we are lucky with all the changes life gave to us. And we are never satisfied. I saw people so happy with nearly nothing. People in small houses with lots of family. The were happy and enjoyed life. We talked to monks and we are amazed about their history and way of life. I loved the children in schooluniforms. Walking far to go to school. we were impressed about everything we saw and it is not possible to give you an impression. This is a place you have to see by yourself. Two months later the most terrible disaster happened. The tsunami destroyed more than land and lifes. It is unbelieveble that we were there soon before. And the only thing we can do is hope, pray and believe that this wonderfull place on earth is finding luck, love and peace.

urlaubsrlanka says:
I agree
Posted on: Jul 06, 2012
Kalutara Hotels & Accommodations review
Amazing hotel. Great a la carte restaurant, buffet, drinks. The people in the hotel are friendly and helpfull.A big and beautifull pool. Nice massages… read entire review