I haven't slept for over 24 hours

London Travel Blog

We began our trip by waking up at 5:30 in Seattle.  Then we flew to New York's JFK airport.  There we sat on the tarmac for an hour while they tried to shut the cargo door.  Then we were off, for another 6 hours to Hethrow Airport in London at 7:00 AM London time.  And we've been up ever since, exploring London, finding our hostel and trying not to fall asleep at the same time on the tube (London Underground) so our bags wouldn't get ripped off.  Now I'm sitting here just hoping that the sun will go down soon so we can get some sleep.

My body is confused because it thinks it is very late, but the sun is out.

London is cool, it feels a lot like New York except it is cleaner and the cars are on the wrong side of the road.  Oh, and I would never try to drive here, there is no rhyme or reason to how the streets are layed out.  I'm pretty sure there isn't a straight road in the city, no grid system to fall back on.  That and you are lucky if you can find a street sign.  If there is one, it is on the side of the nearest building rather than on a post, go figure.

Tomorrow we are going to continue our checking out London.  The next day we will hit up stone henge in the morning then catch a train to our next destination.  Where will that be?  I have no idea, so stay tuned...

Rann1950 says:
I know how difficult it is to make yourself stay up and pretend it's daytime when your body is screaming for you to go to sleep. But you will adjust to the time difference more quickly by doing that.

You are absolutely right about JFK being the ghetto! In fact there is very little of NY that I found not to be, but I'm sure another trip would change that opinion.

I will be anxious to hear more about London and the rest of your excursion. Be safe and have a great time. Mom
Posted on: Jul 11, 2006