Spanish Fly

Barcelona Travel Blog

crowded beach

After arriving to Barcelona on Tuesday, we were a little surprised to see Catalan instead of spanish on the map.  We were looking for La Paza de Palau, but realized it was actually Placa de Palau.  Supposedly not in a very good area, but the hotel was very nice (wish I could remember the name of it).  It was a 4 star hotel (due to the remodeling).  The location was very good.  We were exactly in between Barceloneta beach and Las Ramblas.  We hit the beach, the beach itself sucked.  The sand was terrible, it was apparently man-made.  The women more than made up for the terrible beach.  The water was decent, and the women were topless.

Beach Architecture "Homentage a la Barceloneta"
  I enjoyed the scenery at the beach.  That night we found an after-hours club where we met some pretty cute Australian girls, unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me and they didn't appear to be interested in anything more than friendship.  We realized this when the blonde brought back one of the locals to where we were all sitting.

On Wednesday I woke up to get breakfast found a place called "La Disgustacion de Champagne", though I thought it was "El Bigote" which is right next door to it.  I initially thought it was a club as people were packed in like sardines, but later on found out it was a local eatery.  Good food, but not the cleanest place.  We ate there every day we were in Barcelona.  We walked around Las Ramblas, had lunch at a local Tappas.

Arc de Triomf, Barcelona style
  The food in Barcelona really wasn't anything special, but not bad either.  That night we couldn't really find anything else so we went back to the same club, where we met up again with the Australian girls.  This time they were smokin'.  They were dressed to the nines and looked hot.  Unfortunately with their high heels both towered over me.  Through the night, we just drank and checked out the girls, I met a friendly french girl and had a chance to practice my limited french.  We probably got back to the hotel around 5am.

Thursday, we woke up and again had breakfast at Desgustacion de Champagne.  We then attempted to walk to La Sagrada Familia, but a quarter of the way there we found it to be way too far to do it on foot; however, it was not a wasted walk, we found this great little park,  Ciutadella park.

Parque Ciutadella
  It was pretty cool walking around and seeing some unusual stuff, such as the mammoth and the Barcelona Zoo, which we did not enter.  On the way back we ended up walking by the two towers (visible from Barceloneta beach).  Once we got to the end of Barceloneta beach we saw two little entrances that go below ground.  Both very cool looking restaurant/clubs.  We partied there on Thursday night.  We walked into one (wish I could remember the name), my buddy had to say we were on the guest list.  He had heard someone say "Carlos" earlier and they let them in, so we said we were put on the list by Carlos.  A clearly overwhelmed front door girl who had limited english skills eventually let us through.  In the club, we found that people were dressed a bit differently than clubs were used to.
Mammoth at Park Ciutadella
  It was pretty cool to see, and there was a good vibe in the place, though we didn't really meet anyone.

Friday, we purchased our flight to madrid and a round trip train ticket to Lisbon.  We took the subway to "La Sagrada Familia", and it was great to learn a little history about the place.  We did the tour and walked up the spiral stairs.  It was very impressive and the details extraordinary.  Anyone heading to Barcelona should not miss the opportunity to see this.  That night we went to the other restaurant/club along Barceloneta Beach walkway.  It was Indian themed and we met some french girls, but my buddy was a little out of place since they had no interest in speaking english.  That night was fairly uneventful but there were some extremely hot women there that night.  We went to the afterhours club again that night and I got drunk.  We walked back to the hotel at about 5am, but I could not sleep.  The room was spinning so I got up and headed to the beach.  I saw some fully naked people, so I went ahead and bared it all and swam in the Mediterranian Sea au naturale.  I got back to the hotel around 8am and woke my friend up so we can go to the airport and head to Madrid.

Beach Architecture
 Homentage a …
Beach Architecture "Homentage a…
up close with the mammoth