Colombia after 17 years

Colombia Travel Blog

Las 3 Cruces (The Three Crosses)
My first trip to  my motherland in 17 years.  My goal?  Visit family, get to know new family members, and get to know the country as I had never experienced before.  My first stop is Cali, my birth city.  What a shit-hole that has become.   The women working in the airport are absolutely gorgeous, but they've really let that city fall apart since my last visit.  Of course they are building a public transport system so the roads are a mess right now, but nonetheless, it looks horrible.  I stayed with a cousin, who showed me around the city at night.  Ate some great Colombian food and caught up with a bunch of family members that I haven't seen in forever, as well as met family that I had not previously known.
Palmira, construction
  The country is friendly and fun, the ambience is just amazing.  You can hear great music blasting out of clubs, hot women everywhere, and incredible hospitality.  If you do go, I urge you to try some of those natural fruit juices such as Maracuyada, Lulu, Guanabana, and eat a few "arepas" and especially some "empanadas" which are the best empanadas in South America.  As for alcoholic beverages?  sure my cousins made fun of me for mixing rum and coke, but that's just how I like it, "Ron Viejo de Caldas" is the main brand and it's pretty damn good.  Very rich.  As for shots, the Aguardiente, I prefer Blanco, as it's smoother, but many like the harshness of Antioqueno.  Crystal is another popular brand.  Here are some random pictures of Colombia in cities I've been to before, but went again, only to visit family.
Caicedonia