Great Day...

Paris Travel Blog

This morning I woke up around 8:30.  Jeremy had to work for a few hours so after I took a shower, I went to counquer the city on my own.  I started out again at the Eiffel Tower and then walked down the Champs Elysees all the way to the Place de la Concorde and then down to the Louvre.  Then I walked over to Notre Dame.  I took my time taking in all that Paris had to offer me.  Experiencing the city at the age of 16 is totally different now that I am 25.  I notice the people, locals and tourists, the different shops, the arcitechture, the streets, everything.  I met up with Jeremy around 2:00pm and we walked over thought that Moulin Rouge and then onto Monmatre and Sacre Coeur.  After taking a cofee at a cafe, we made it back to the flat in time for me to pack up my things and head back to the airport for my flight to England.
  Getting back to Charles de Gaulle was still a bit difficult and it really surprised me with all the problems I had.  Normally I would consider myself to be a good traveller but in this case my sleep deprived body prevented me from being at my best.  For some reason I couldn't find my ticket to get through the gate, my drink spilled all over me, the security guy made me panic becacuse he held onto my passport for like 10 minutes, etc etc etc...  Needless to say I made it onto my short flight and arrived in Britain.  I don't think that anything could have ruined the great day I had.  I can't wait until I can return to spend a longer time.
sybil says:
things have also probably changed a lot from when you visited at 16 and now.
Posted on: Jan 01, 2008
sophiefbs says:
Such famous pics, we always find on TV, and you also took really great pics,
Posted on: Dec 31, 2007