Charles de Gaulle is not my friend..

Paris Travel Blog

I arrived in Paris about 6pm.  At this point I have only slept a total of 3 hours in the last 36 or so hours so needless to say I am running on total adreniline.  After going through passport control I think I walked what felt like 2 miles to the RER train terminal.  I went to the automated machines to buy my train ticket but they would not take American credit cards.  So I went to a shop and bought some gum so that I could get some change.  I finally got my change and put it in machines but yet again, the machine would not take my coins so...  I had to stand in a line for about 30 minutes waiting to buy a ticket from the counter.  I finally got my train ticket and boarded.  It took about an hour to get to the metro stop where I was going to meet Jeremy, my French couchsurfing host.  His flat was very close to the Eiffel Tower.  Once I met up with him, we went back to his flat where I was able to take a shower and then we had some dinner.  Afterwards we walked around for about 2 hours seeing Paris by night.  It has been almost 10 years since I have been in this city and I forgot just how beautiful it is.  Seeing everything at night time was also very nice.  The Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysees, L'ecole Militaire etc. We mad it back to the flat around midnight and I crashed....  It's been a great day!
sybil says:
so not only is our dollar crap, they won't take our credit cards either???? ;)
Posted on: Jan 01, 2008