Back to Birmingham

Birmingham Travel Blog

This is the logo used for Betel.
So I arrived in Bimingham last night.  I used to work with an International  organization called Betel.  Betel is a center that helps men and women with drug and alcohol problems.  Their center here in Birmingham is where I spent 3 years of my life.  The people here are very special to me and I made some very good life-long friends.  I try and make it here at least every 6 months, even if it is only for two or three days.  Today was basically spent catching up with old friends, eating and trying to figure out what we will do for New Years.  Now since Betel is a rehabilitation center, they don't spend New Years like everyone else.  There is no alocohol consumption involved.  I was perfectly fine with this.  Instead they have everyone together and have a big meal and then everyone performs skits and things until midnight.  A lot of them are actually really funny and creative.  It's fun to be able to have a good time and it doesn't need to involve going out and getting completely wasted.  I know that tomorrow night will be a lot of fun.  I am looking forward to it!!!
photo by: eddie8498