Getting ready...

Harrisonburg Travel Blog

Ok so I've got 2 weeks before I leave, but I thought I would just get my blog started. This is my first trip that I plan to blog while I am actually on the road.. you know.. real-time journaling so I'm excited about it. I leave on the 27th of December and arrive back on New Year's Day. My crazy trip involves a 9 hour layover in Zurich where I will meet up with a fellow couchsurfer who is going to show me around for the day. Then I fly to Paris where another couchsurfer has offered to host me for the night. The next evening at 8:30, I fly to London where I will spend a couple of days with my friends. The trip ends with bringing in the New Year at 12:00 am and then I am off to Heathrow for my 6am flight back to the States. This trip is purely purposeful, meaning I chose each flight and decided to take on this crazy schedule myself. I guess its a good thing that I'm "savy" traveller otherwise I don't know if I would be able to do it!! I am pretty excited to couchsurf while in Switzerland and France. This is my first trip that I've been able to make use of the site. I have heard lots of other people rave about it, so now I can finally come to my own conclusion. Well I suppose thats enough from now. Expect my next entry to be while at Dulles while I wait for my flight!!!
sybil says:
that is a crazy trip!!! :D but i suppose, it has tons of fun potential. couchsurfing is fantastic! can't wait to read about your adventures. :)
Posted on: Dec 11, 2007