Istanbul

Istanbul Travel Blog

Day 1

·         Topkapi Sarayi (Topkapi Palace)

·         Sultan Ahmet Camii (Blue Mosque)

·         Hippodrome Square

Dikilitas (Egyptian Obelisk)

Burma Sutun (Serpentine Column)

Orme Sutun (Constantine Column)

·         Kapali Carsi (Grand Bazaar)

Day 2

·         Bosphorus Cruise

I was excited for this trip, honestly I haven’t thought about coming here but when this travel opportunity came, I was up for it.

In front of Topkapi Sarayi
I’ve been reading about Turkey and that’s when I came across this Travbuddy site, which I am glad of. I made my itinerary even though I was on planned tour, I listed things that I want to see at the tour and places I would like to go during our free time.

Unfortunately, things didn’t go as planned, the weather in Istanbul was gloomy and rainy, I broke my camera on the first day, and we didn’t have enough time to tour as it was dark early since it was winter. I was disappointed at first but looking back, the time in Istanbul was short and sweet, Topkapi Palace was glorius • the precious treasures and jewels were stunning, Sultanahmet Mosque was magnificent, Hippodrome Square is imaginative of horse-drawn chariot races and spectators, the Grand Bazaar is full of shopping wonder and friendly merchants offering steaming hot apple tea on a cold winter night, dinner came with cultural show and belly dancing • entertaining, and the Bosphorus Cruise was amazing, seeing Europe on one side and Asia on the other. I made new friends on the tour and they were kind to take my pictures.

I would definitely come back, re-visit the places and spending more time there, enjoying the sights, sounds and taste of Istanbul that I didn’t get enough of ,and visit places I didn’t get to see • Hagia Sophia, Dolmabache Palace and Beyoglu : Gelata Tower and Istiklal Cadessi • the shops, restaurants and cafes, pubs / clubs , and of course more time for shopping at the Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Spice Bazaar.

Topkapi Sarayi at night
Cultural Show 1
Cultural Show
Cultural Show
Belly dancer
On the cruise with Bosphorus Bridg…
On the cruise with Bosphorus Brid…
Cruise