Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazu Travel Blog

DAY 1

We arrived in Iguazu and went pretty much straight to the falls since we were planning on leaving the same day for our final stop, Rio.

First of all we took a speedboat trip up to the lesser of the falls. They basically take you under the flow of water, not merely up close as I expected, and you get totally drenched. It is so much fun although I have no clue how the lad driving could see to avoid rocks because the water was so powerful my eyes automatically closed.

I wore my jeans on the speedboat...bad idea. I would suggest for anyone who does the boat trip to either take swimming-gear or just go in your underwear. My jeans were fairly chafing against my skin for about two hours after the ride, just lucky the sun was splitting the sky as usual and they were dry for the bus journey when we left!

We then went to the viewing stand for the main falls which is a raised platform to the side of the horse shoe shaped falls.

There is so much water cascading down the noise is unbelievable! The speed and force is amazing and it was a very cool experience to see, especially with the sun just beginning to dop so that the water had an almost silk quality in the light; very beautiful.

Afterwards we got a bus across the border and we had another nice little incident with border control...or lack of border control as we stayed on the bus by mistake and didnt get an entrance stamp to Brazil which means, technically, that we are nowhere on earth right now since we got stamped out of Argentina, haha.

There were no buses that day to Rio and so we just booked into the hotel right outside of the bus station and by pure chance I was flicking through the channels of our tv(first time watching tv in almost 10weeks!) and came across the Rangers vs Lyon match. Rangers were a shambles and lost 3-0 so it would probably have been better if I had missed it but oh well!

CharmaineX says:
Lol i knew id have to come find u *gets suitcase, tickets and money* i mean em i havent been planning this... lol
Charmaine x
Posted on: Dec 15, 2007
I think he misjudged a corner slig…
I think he misjudged a corner sli…
1,504 km (935 miles) traveled