My head the next day

Brighton Travel Blog

The pier

I opened my eyes.  The tiny voice had been right...

Ouch.  No, really man, Ouch.  I got up.  Ouch.  I put the kettle on, and peeked outside the window.  Really, really, ouch.

I had three cups of coffee at breakfast and started to feel human.  Actually, the picture on my profile is cup of coffee number four.  Feeling a little fortified, we went exploring.  We decided against the Pavillion, and just wandered about in the sunshine with me drinking lemonade because I had to drive home, and Matt drinking beer because he didn't.  Crispy Fried had his first seaside icecream, which he liked, and sat in my handbag with my camera like a good plastic duck.  At some point, I lost all my money, but luckily my plastic cards were in a separate purse, so all was not ruined.  Eventually, though, Matt had to go, and so did I.

By the time I had to brave the M25 I was feeling alright, but of course, it's harder to keep a good mood going back to Swindon than it is leaving it, because on Saturday I was going to meet an old friend and on Sunday I was going to... well... do my laundry and ignore an essay, and then get up early for work.  Ho hum.  Radio 1 back on, Matt dropped at the station, back to real life.

I cheered myself up with some noodles on the way home, and went back to my real world.   Within a couple of days, the rain started.

Crispy Fried in Brighton