Lift Off

Corpus Christi Travel Blog

Departed our home town of Corpus Christi on a short hop to Houston around 7PM Friday evening.  Reaching the Continental hub proved auspicious, as we immediately saw our Vegas departure was delayed an hour.  There was also a gate change and my wife was viewing the cup as half full, by noticing the good omen that our new gate was E-21 (Eric turning 21…hmmmm).  Our party consisted of myself, my wife Kim, Eric and our nine-year old daughter Spencer.

Of course there were further snafu’s and we didn’t land in Vegas until around midnight…two hours behind schedule.  And this was Pacific Time…it was 2AM on our Texas clocks.  As with many new destinations, unfamiliarity led to a painful bushwhack to escape the airport and find our accommodations, so we didn’t check in until roughly 2AM Vegas time.

However, it was with a gracious sigh of relief that we discovered how cool our accommodations at the Grandview Resort were.  We had never stayed at a condo before, but an old friend works for RCI and her boyfriend had a week he was going to lose anyway…so we wound up getting a fantastic deal, spacious rooms and a kitchen plus washer/dryer right in our room!

Corpus Christi