LA TravBuddy Meet and Greet

Los Angeles Travel Blog

After circling 2nd Street numerous times, I finally found The Edison and it was well worth not giving up!  I am also glad to know I am not the only one who got lost though!!! :-)  I have to admit I have never been to anything like this where I didn't actually know a single person present!  Since I only joined this site a couple weeks ago, I had to make sure to study faces and names in hopes of at least recognizing the group!!  Doris, MartiniKitty13, was to be in the red dress but my fear was it's the holidays and everyone in this bar might be in one too!

I managed to find everyone 'hiding' under the stairs in a really cool spot.  It was fairly private and out of the way but still easy to get around and talk to everyone.

It was still a rather small group when I got there and then more and more people starting showing up.  Everyone was just incredibly nice, welcoming, and a lot of fun to talk with!  Makes you realize even more how awesome this site is!  If it wasn't for this and the TravBuddy meet, I would've never crossed paths with any of these people in my "real" life and what wonderful people I would've missed!

Doris did an awesome job of coordinating everything and it was just very laid back and a warm environment.  I am sorry I missed the Roscoe's run but Disneyland was calling and yes, I priorities are probably a bit out of whack! :-)

Definitely enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to get together when I come back to LA next time.  Wish I had met Mel when I was still living in Vegas as I would've loved to hang with her being a "foodie" and all...but something tells me I would've gained even more weight than I did while I was there!! :-)  Thanks again to everyone for welcoming me into your TravBuddy guys are all amazing!!!

chivato says:
looks like i missed a heck of a party!
Posted on: Dec 16, 2007
mellemel8 says:
anytime when you are in vegas, we must eat well. glad you came :)
Posted on: Dec 11, 2007
travelman727 says:
Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh and the characters at the Edison, too! What a night you had :-D
Posted on: Dec 11, 2007