Brush with Fame with the 3 Goran's

London Travel Blog

Everyone has at least a brush with fame once in their life. I am convinced of it.

As a kid I loved watching the entertaining Croation Tennis player Goran Ivanisevic on Television. Even when he lost he was always a great entertainer.

Whilst waiting to check in for my flight from Gatwick airport to go to Zagreb, Croatia my brush with fame occured.  Try and picture this.... you are 10 minutes away from missing your flight and you worried as there is no other flight to this destination until the next day. Naturally you stare of in space and become impatient. You notice a exceptionally tall figure whose legs are longer than your entire body and his legs are as thin as your arms.

He turns around, and he looks like a certain Goran Ivanisevic..but logic tells you "no it can't be him, great resemblance though". He turns around again, you look at him closely. The Thought occurs to you , it just might be him, as he looks like Goran , Goran also lives in Croatia. Without realising you must have been staring at him. He looks at you this time. What do you do ? You look down and realise that you have busted staring at the real Goran Ivanisevic who you admired as a kid watching Tennis on television.

Dear Readers, what did i do next? I texted anyone who admires Goran as much as I do that Goran and I are on the same flight to Croatia and of course had a wonderful experience knowing I had met GORAN Ivanisevic!

Needless to say my jetlag from Sydney to London wore off quickly and was replaced with a smile that could not be wiped off my face.

So next time you are travelling you never know who you might meet and share a flight with.

Happy travelling.