Travbuddy mini after meet

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Before I picked up Alina, I msged Eli because I knew Eli was spending the night at a hotel so he'd still be in LA. In case he didn't have plans, I wanted to see if he felt like joining Alina and I in downtown LA for lunch and a quick tour. Turns out Warren was coming along too and we ended up having a wonderful shabu-shabu lunch and then doing a mad-dash tour of downtown and Hollywood/Highland. I don't think I've ever covered so much ground in so short a time. But I had SO much fun!

The big success was Warren and I getting Alina (who is up for anything) and Eli (who is up for almost anything) to try shabu shabu. It was great that Warren and I were grumbling about how overweight we were while Eli and Alina who are SO skinny laughed at the tiny sliced beef portions.
It was such a sitcom.

I wish I could explain clearly how much I love meeting and hanging out with travbuddies. I don't think I've ever had the delight of meeting so many people who are SO cool, SO open minded and generally think along the same lines (in their own unique styles of course). It's this funny feeling like we're family or we've known each other for much longer than the 2 hours that we have in real-world time, and we seem to share a LOT more about ourselves than normal I think. Regardless, it's f'ing fantastic.

I'll update more later, but here are a few pictures I took of Eli and Alina because Eli's camera is view-finderless and broken so one has to guess as to where to point the damn lens and Alina was quickly running out of battery. Enjoy!
alitoronto says:
You're too sweet to be real :)
That's why I couldn't eat any sweets, I had you!!! :)
Posted on: Apr 02, 2008
ocwarren says:
you wrote all my sentiments for me.
thank you. let's not wait for a meetup to meet up.
Posted on: Mar 30, 2008
jenn79 says:
naw, the pleasure was all mine =)
Posted on: Mar 30, 2008