Spontaneous meetup in LA - Guest of Honor - Hurch!

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Joy and George
Definitely anticipating today, as I would be able to see my TB gurlz tonight after missing everyone SO BADLY from the Vegas meetup! The girls have been planning a dinner and drinks night for a few weeks and I knew this would tide me over for a bit longer and minimize the pain I've been feeling from leaving all the wonderful people I met in Vegas! I also got to see Sybil who I haven't seen since we were in Mexico City together - yay!

I feel awfully lame as I literally live 1/4 mile from this restaurant but managed to get LOST since it's on a funny quasi-corner. I got there 5 minutes late and saw everyone gathered by the cool couches near the bar. Joy jumped up and greeted me with the warmest hug and Alice with yet ANOTHER goodie bag. I LOVE these girls SO freaking much, they are truly the sweetest, most thoughtful people I've ever met in my life.
Dinner at E3rd
Inside the goodie bag Alice gave were these AMAZING blueberry muffins she obviously made from scratch with a TON of fresh blueberries. Alice does NOT skimp on quality, can I tell you?? I think if you are lucky enough to be invited over to her house for dinner, you would be in absolute culinary HEAVEN.

I think Joy, Tracy and I spent a good hour recounting our good times last weekend and shuffling through Joy's pictures of Vegas. But we had a special guest of honor tonight - George! Or Jorge! Or as Sybil liked to call him - 6'7"! George was SO freaking tall I am wondering if we should introduce him to Kaycee! They would have tall, beautiful children together!! hehehee =)

I felt terrible, we were obsessed with taking pictures next to him, because all us girls range from 5'0 (me) to 5'4".
honorary Vegas crew represent!
George being 6'7" he towered above us and made us look like a bunch of Munchkins in comparison! Poor thing had to endure all the obvious comments and head rubbing (though loving!) with a sporting attitude =)

We ate dinner at E3rd, which is a sort of Asian steakhouse that's owned by the same peope as the wildly sucessful Zip Fusion. It was such a cool place, the people were so nice, and the food was pretty great. Our party of six included George, Joy, Tracy, Alice, Sybil and I. Lots and lots of picture taking of course, and then we crashed my friend's boyfriend's birthday party at Hotel Figueroa as Joy deftly got a parking spot right outside the hotel as some people were leaving the Lakers game. I am still in awe of her good luck as the other alternative was to pay $20 for parking.
I'm sorry I was the last to arrive!

We found a great table adjacent to the bar which allowed us easy drink ordering access at this extremely crowded bar. We had such an amazing time at Hotel Figueroa. It was kind of strange shuttling between my work friends and my TB crew, but that definitely kept me occupied and on my toes. Of course, I don't have pictures of Hotel Figueroa but let's just say we laughed SO HARD that when I came home I found out I had SPLIT my upper lip from all the giddiness and good times! I think George enjoyed himself too =)

Many wines, margaritas and a vodka shots later, we ended up snuggled on one of the decorative beds in the bar area and chatted and rested. I was so tired (AS USUAL, yes) I curled upon the bench next to Jorge at the table to catch some rest and got yelled at by one of the managers. Oh pooh on you manager man!
sybil says:
great pictures girlfriend, and great seeing you all!!! can i just say that my head was pounding when tracy called for my wake up call at 8 am? [thanks tracy!!! you are a superstar!] 6-7... your hobbiton women folk enjoyed you much! ;)
Posted on: Apr 13, 2008
jenn79 says:
Miss you too Alina!! =)
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008
Hurch says:
6'7" enjoyed himself mightily! but what did they put in those margaritas? and why is my head still pounding? good times indeed!
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008
honorary Vegas crew represent!
Im sorry I was the last to arrive!
I'm sorry I was the last to arrive!