Last day and so this is what Travbuddy withdrawal feels like...

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Best pic! Stolen from Joy =)
**Whoops, looks like I accidentally erased my last blog entry. Dammit! Luckily I am so OCD that I had it up in another window! I am beside myself, as I would have been SO PISSED if I had really erased it.**

Considering how many SHOTS, how much dancing and the lack of sleep, the fact that Mel was kind enough to organize brunch, drive Matt to the airport and let us stay another day at her place and take a MUCH needed nap before we hit the road instead of kicking us to the curb - This lady has the patience of a SAINT.

It's funny, when I think about my attitude coming into this meet and my feelings while going home, I really have to give props to these total strangers who just rock my world on so many levels. I still recall the ride to Vegas with Tracy. I had recently become infatuated with a new person at work who is for all intents and purposes as handsome as a movie star but has devoted his life to Palestinian-Israeli conflict mediation.
Another awesome pic stolen from Joy
Yeah, a person just really doesn't get sexier than that for me. I couldn't utter 2 sentences without mentioning his name! But literally on the way back, I was just so infatuated with my travbuddies no mention of him came up whatsoever!! All I could talk about was how much fun I had, how insanely tired but giddy I was from all the warmth and love and excitement, and how I wanted to go back REALLY SOON!

I have to say, I did not expect to love my Travbuddies so much. It is a CHALLENGE for me to relax and have fun and my time is mad booked between work, school and the many inconveniences that come up in life. But somehow I was SO HAPPY and enjoyed myself so much in Vegas - no easy task! And now we've come back for a few days, and I've absolutely run up my txting bill, and spent many happy hours group chatting on Gmail with my GURLZ.
heehee!

I can't go a day without saying hello and basking in their warmth and love for just a minute.

I AM IN WITHDRAWAL FROM VEGAS!! I want to happily cavort with my new friends and have all our meals together and be with the FAMILY again soon! So Sal please come to LA - we need medical attention!, Matt you know you want to be American, Jillian please come down the 5, RJ graduate already, Mel can you teleport yourself please?, Will just go AWOL will you, Harriet transfer to another Citi branch ok?, James take that convertible and GO!, and John, who gives a dern about Korean and Italian food??!! Tracy, Joy and I miss you all soooooooo much!

If you come back I will hug you and kiss you and squeeze you and love you forever and ever!! =D
jenn79 says:
Hehee.. Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?? =) Oh Sal you're wonderful!! =)
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008
sincitytraveler says:
Jenn in the purest sense of the word as well as the emotion I love you! Thanks for putting so eloquently into words what we all felt that day. I knew somehow, somewhere there were other people like me that see beyond the material/physical/cultural constraints that society has created and put upon us. But it's not just our group it's so many others on this site...my favorite pasttime has become reading blogs and profiles here just to see this recurrent theme! Now we just have to expand it to the rest of the world! :)
Posted on: Apr 12, 2008
TRE69 says:
Doctor...doctor...I think we have another TB Meet addict on our hands! So totally love 2nd to last paragraph...so funny but so true (yes mel can teleport)! Whenever you need me I am a hop, skip, & jump away! Ooo...I want to try Hawaiian Chicken in Chinatown...live Hawaiian music Fridays...have you been?
Posted on: Apr 10, 2008