Hanging out in the 'Dena

Pasadena Travel Blog

Joy and Rob sans aviators!
Erin had planned a mini-meetup for this past weekend for her friend Sudip, who by the way is so cool! We share an intense passion for Korean food! He is one step ahead of me though as he has married a Korean! Ah, if I married a Korean person who could cook well I'd be.. very happy but very rotund! The meetup was planned for Long Beach because Sudip was staying near there. But at the very very last minute... the LACC convinced Erin to move the LA meetup to Pasadena instead of Long Beach. Most of us were either in West LA, Pasadena, Monrovia or downtown/Silverlake and we (especially me) were moaning and groaning about having to drive to the LBC (sorry Sublime, but your town ain't shaat!)

This was gonna be tricky.
Joy, Erin and Erin's Sangria
LA crew brainstormed for a minute and Joy suggested Neomeze. I had forgotten that Sheila had also been here and highly recommended this place. So when we got back to Joy's house last night at around 10pm, I called Erin, logged onto TB and posted the venue change and spammed the change details to everyone who I thought was coming, mostly people who had replied on the board. In the morning, however Erin txts and asks "do we need reservations?" I've never been here before so I get on the phone and sure enough, their voicemail box is FULL. So I figure they open at 5pm. If I can get there at 5pm and reserve a table right then, it should be ok right? But I need bodies! Round up the troops and sure enough 6 of us arrive there before 5:15pm to make figure stuff out.

Paul was the first to arrive, followed by our in-house movie stars - Joy and Rob - sporting matching aviators.
Sam, Sylvina and Rob
Erin then arrives in a cool cat-suit looking outfit and then Tracy gets there in a teeny skirt and cute top. I've known this girl for like 6 months and never seen her in a skirt!!

The mangers are nice enough to put a bunch of tables together for us inside, as the bar area is way to small for 15 people. But when Joy and I were looking for a place to smoke far away from Paul (LoganBruin) since he is extremely allergic to cigarette smoke, we find they have a COOL outdoor patio! We quickly grab our things and move outside, occupying an entire side of the outdoor patio area. We were SET!

People started dribbling in fast and furious. Among them - Sam, Sylvina, Sudip, Mark, Colton, Alice, and Sheila! At one point a couple of Sheila's men in blue came by and I was laying down on the mattress when they walked up.
Tracy, Mark, Colton and Alice!
I accidentily blurted "WOAH! HEY THERE! =)" in a sort of lecherous way. Hahaha =) All bets are off when I kick off my shoes, that's all I have to say!

The atmosphere was chill, the food was pretty good (hey who can go wrong with 3 different types of french fries?!) and the bartender was awesome and kept coming by when it was early to check on us and get drink orders. Anything you wanted, he could make for you. And he'd give his "special" customers a lot of fancy garnish =) We loved him!! =)

Colton spent a good part of the evening entertaining us with his parlor tricks! He made toothpicks move, showed us George Washington nekkid on a dollar bill, created vacuums with matches, glasses and water, and also read my palm! I found the palm reading to be particularly entertaining.
Alice, Joy, Rob and Sheila!
He was looking at my health line (strong - I will not die in some freak accident thank god) and love line and told me that although I make an attempt at love (line tries to climb Mound of Venus but doesn't reach the top), I will change direction for some reason and choose stability and wealth (middle finger). That was kind of disappointing to hear, as I don't consider myself materalistic - especially compared to some girls I've met, so I'm going to opt for "stable but comfortable" ;)

It was great meeting some new TBers and awesome hanging out with the local crew. Very very happy and some great conversations!!
mellemel8 says:
awesome blog as always jenn :) tracy wearing a skirt!!!! i love it.
alicegourmet says:
Tracy, don't be shy to put on the shirt! And now you know the tricks to avoid the "Brit" shots!
Jenn, it was a great choice of that place...fortunately I checked the forum before I headed out! :-) Nice blog !
Eric says:
Cool! Looks like fun.
Joy, Erin and Erins Sangria
Joy, Erin and Erin's Sangria
Tracy, Paul and Sam
Tracy, Paul and Sam
Tracy, Mark, Colton, Alice, Joy an…
Tracy, Mark, Colton, Alice, Joy a…
Rob, Joy, Erin and Tracy
Rob, Joy, Erin and Tracy
Sudip, Sylvina and Tracy!
Sudip, Sylvina and Tracy!
Pasadena