Day 9, Shop Till You Drop....

Melbourne Travel Blog

We woke up this morning to pretty rubbish weather... It was raining, windy and quite cold so we stayed in bed for a little longer after getting the fre breakfast again down in the bar.

When we did get up, we decided there wasnt much to do other than shop so we headed further down Elizabeth Street to the big department stores. It seemed like we were out ages and my legs were killing by the time we got back but it was worth it. I found some really cool shops in the city and struggled to contain myself when it came to wanting to buy basically everything i saw! I ended up going back to one quite cool designer's shop to buy a blue stripped shirt and a black jumper with a huge v neck... I really like it and was a little bit of money but thought i'd treat myself! I saw a lot more that i wanted but decided to wait.

White then went to call home and i went up and listened to music in the room for a while. After not long i got up and came down to get him because i was so hungry. We found a really cheap bistro place on Bourke Street which did all you can eat for $8. It had loads of chinese food and spagetti bolgnese so was really good value and filled us up. I spoke to mum on the phone for a while which was good as i havent spoken to anyone from home in ages.

Back at the hostel we slept for about 2 hours in anticipation for going out. Unfortunately it didnt go as planned.... We ended up gettin absolutely ripped off for a round of drinks in The Joint Bar and then we got a taxi out to Flannegans Bar to meet NIck only for him to call us JUST as we arrived to ask us to meet him elsewhere in town. This Click CLick place wasnt really our type of club so we left it and struggled to find out where to go so called it a night.....a little disappointing but at least i can wear my new shirt and sweater again.

Melbourne