Day 7, Opening The Advent Calendar....

Melbourne Travel Blog

This morning we hada  bit of a lie in. When we eventually got up we went on the internet for a while and then headed down Elizabeth Street to look in the shops. Whitey needs some presents for the aussies and i really like the clothes out here so we were out for a while. I only ended up buying one t shirt from David Jones for $40 but i really like it. We carried on looking round for a while and White went into a couple of gyms and asked about membership.

After a little nap we headed back out and walked down to Federation Square. Along the river we found a little spot to lie down and sunbathed for a while. After not too long we got up cause it was just too hot. We walked back up again and when i went back to the hostel, Whitey went in to Fitness First and got a 2 week membership.

I started doing some coursework in the room. All of my courseworks are due in in January. Well at least i thought so. I thought 2 were due in monday jan 7th and the other 2 on the wednesday. However, i was checking to see which ones were which and it turns out that Public and Criminal were due in on wednesday DECEMBER 12th!!!!!!!! So i had missed the deadline by about 5 hours.... I was pure stupidity on my part as i just didnt look at the month... i shouldnt have assumed and i have to admit that i was completely gutted. I felt like rubbish the rest of the night and it means i'll have quite a bit of work to do in the summer. It was particularly frustrating as i had completely finsihed the Public coursework, i just hadnt submitted it as i was going to check referencing when i got back. Gutted. It felt like the final straw to be honest. I dont love the course and if another half decent opportunity to do anything to be honest came up then i'd snap it up. But i just dunno what. I think i'm at a point where i just dont know what i want to do with my life. I thought about how much i love it here but even here i'd have no purpose.... i still dont know what i want to do.

Anyway, we walked down to Federation Square again and watched as a giant advent calendar was opened. It was massive and two people dressed as elves were winched up and did acrobatics and messed about in front of the interective screen before they opened the door. It was good but i just wanted to go to bed.

photo by: jendara