Day 22, A Rose By Any Other Name...

Melbourne Travel Blog

This morning when i woke up i said morning to Erin and then wandered up to lorens to see what white was up to. I'd been woken up early again by loren who wanted to watch 'knocked up' that we didnt see last night. It wasnt very good i didnt think, although lucas laughed his head off.

Not long after, we got ready and all went to Lorens new house to chill by the pool and sunbathe. Heath and Kate were already there, and daina and erin came not long after. It was so hot! I got the tanning oil on and tried to catch up on some of the rays ive missed when i havent been getting up until late afternoon! The pool was freezing but i evetually got myself in but only up to the waist. When i got out, loren nstayed in and ended up wrestling with kate, whos quite a big girl. She got battered every time and kate obviously wasnt happy about playing and wanted to stop but couldnt as loren just kept on going at her. It went on for quite a while and kate wasnt at all happy for the rest of the afternoon when it finished.

Me and lucas chipped some golf balls over the pool and into the bush for a while, and then after the girls went erin took me loren and whitey back as we had to get the 5pm train into the city to see the op[en air version of romeo and juliet that whitey had bought us all tickets for christmas! I got ready quite quickly and was going to go up the road when loren rang and said amanda had only just woken up after her night shift so we'd have to get the later train, but liam came and offered me a beer. One turned into a few while we watched Gladiator with his friend Angelli and after taking in depth about the pound and firms in english football, it was time for me to go.

When we got on the train, amanda suddenly realised that she had forgotten the tickets so her mum met us at greensborough station and we had to wait again for the next train! The girls got something to eat while we waited and i got four cans of JD and coke.

In the city nobody really knew where we were going and so we walked and drank for ages through the botanical gardnes before we got a taxi....which turned out to be no help as he dropped us off miles from the entrance. We thought we arrived late but it had only just started so we settled down. It was a decent version of the play which i quite like, with some modern touches such as 'Say a Little Prayer.' At the interval we got drinks from the bar, and then we ended up not staying for the whole thing. We walked along the waterfront, got food and then caught the train back to diamond creek. Walking back up the house was really nice because its ridiculous how many stars you can see at night... I was shattered though and needed sleep.

Melbourne