Day 17, Dam Hilarious Canadians...

Melbourne Travel Blog

This morning i was forced to get up early despite going to bed so late as i wanted to speak to Mum and Dad on the phone. I wasnt exactly Mr Lively seen as i was so shattered but it was good to speak to them... I went straight back to bed afterwards.

After not too long i was up again to get McDonalds breakfast and then do some last christmas shopping in the city for whitey and the aussies.Whitey was really struggling with what to get them but sorted it out in the end. We were very fortunate to stumble upon a leaflet telling us that the Aussie cricket team was going to be down at Federation Square to kick off the Boxing Day Test Festivities so we went down there and saw some of the stars like Brett Lee and Adam Gilchrist. This has been quite a star studded holiday!

After more shopping we went back to the hostel and decided to get dressed up in our santa suits and beards that we bought for $10! we put pillows in our shirts for big fat stomachs and headed out to spread christmas cheer.... We didnt get far before we realised a couple of drinks might make the whole thing less embarassing so we bought a bottle of Jack Daniels, some coke and went back into the hostel. We watched the film Thirteen Days which was good but incredibly long and then it wasnt long before the Canadians, Darcy and Kyle, from our room joined us and started drinking which required a second bottle of JD!

After quite a while we decided to go out. I was so tired it was ridiculous but was sort of forced out to a couple of bars on Elizabeth street, stil lwearing santa costume and beard.... When eventually i decided to call it a night the others werent too happy and after a friendly tustle Darcy and i ended up on the floor in the road. They eventually gave in and let me go. Back in the room i ended up chatting to the French guy about football for ages until the rest of them came back! Then we all lay in bed (each our own bed) and told jokes and laughed and messed about for roughly 3 hours!!! It was one of the funniest nights ive had in a long tme and i cant remember laughing so much... I cant believe how late we went to sleep again, about 5am, but it was worth it as it was the last night in the hostel for the 4 of us and it was just such a good laugh!

Melbourne