Sunday

Singapore Travel Blog

So its Sunday morning in Singapore - up and about at about 10am looking for somewhere to get breakfast - and shamed as i am to admit the place we ended up in was McDonalds!!! It was however the only place we could find open at this time!! The intention today was to walk down to Orchard Rd, we never made it however, the humidity got the better of us both, so we just wandered around for a bit. Still got a good look around the city though. We had lunch at one of the hawker stall today, had grilled prawns with fried riced watched down with tiger beer - it was a really good meal. Think we did get slightly fleeced though - neally $40!! Back to the hotel for a siesta that ended up stretching through the whole afternoon - that jetlag catching up!! This evening we went to China Town which was very interesting, especially watching the open air line dancing just outside a food court - was very surreal!!! Had japanese meal - soup (which I (Diane) thought was horrible), some very funny tasting mushrooms and a weird fishcake thing - this horrendous meal was all redeemed by the best fried rice ever!! Headed back to Clarke Quay again, went into a bar which had live music on called the Voodoo Shack for a couple of beers. This really is a great area in the city.
travelman727 says:
Diane, I know how you feel! I always want to experience the cuisine of the country I'm in; but, sometimes it's just too convenient to wind up at Micky D's. At least in the Far East, many of them have cappuccino bars.
Posted on: Jun 23, 2006