soaking up the sun

Miami Travel Blog

Staying with Lali in Miami at the moment and its just like the movies, cruising along ocean drive in massive cars and people wearing sun glasses in the clubs! Its so different from south america in a way, but then not so different as everyone speaks spanish. I had my toe nails done today ( I know we are poor travellers, but my feet are disgusting!) and the beautician couldn't speak a word of english, I was lucky to get out with all my toe nails intact!

The weather in Miami has been ok in the mornings and then it rains, but its still hot. We had a massive thunder storm which was pretty scary. We went to the everglades a couple of days ago and went on a fan boat ride. It was great fun, although the alligators came a little to close to the boat for comfort. We saw the alligator try and eat a piglet, but he only managed a bird, I felt like David Attenborough. We went out clubbing last night and had a great time, although I think two english white girls stood out a mile in a club full of chain clad pimps, but we danced the night away. Off to a proper latino club tonight as Lali is showing us around. The 8am flight tomorrow could be painful!

Miami