Road Trip

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Change of plan, we like Hermosa beach so much that we are going to stay here until the 5th July, we didn't want to miss the 4th of July here and to be honest we are getting a bit lazy! Watched the England game this morning with a load of Americans who actually got quite into it, it didn't help us in the end though. I dread to think whats happening in England now ( although I don't feel sorry for Wayne Rooney at all)!

Hermosa beach is such a fab place, we are right on the beach and there's so much happening and so many people for the holiday weekend.Lots of beautiful people and everyone roller blades or runs, it almost tempted me to start!  We had a great, but quite crazy fourth of July its a long story.

We went to Hollywood for the day, managing to get a tour from a plumber from Manchester who has lived in LA for 12 years. I am glad we saw hollywood and the fact it was a free tour was good, but I like the beaches side of LA a lot better. Afterwards we were taken to an English pub, called the KIngs head in Santa Monica for Fish and Chips and Mushy Peas! They even had a shop with lots of imported things from England like Yorkshire tea and salad cream, but about ten times the price.
We made a trip to Venice beach the day before, to people watch. There were so many people from body builders, to hippies, to rappers. We walked from Santa Monica to Venice beach and then back onto the mian road to ctach the bus. When we looked at the sign we realised we had walked about four miles, so that cancelled out the ice cream from the night before.

Eric says:
Hey, cool, glad you like Hermosa Beach! Yea, Hermosa/Redondo/Manhattan Beaches are all packed for the 4th of July festivities. I used to go jogging and surfing around that area when I lived down in LA...awesome place...
Posted on: Jul 01, 2006
Eric says:
Where in LA are you going to go? I'd recommend soaking up some more sun at Manhattan Beach (and maybe learning how to surf). Hermosa Beach has a cool boardwalk area that is fun at night too.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2005