Opsporing verzocht/Detection requested

Lima Travel Blog

Flying Dutch :-)

Today it was my flight back home, but first I had my national flight from Cusco to Lima. It all went very smoothly and in no time I was in Lima. Looking over Peru it was already saying goodbye to my definately beautiful, astonishing and breathtaking trip through Peru. When the plane landed in Lima I had enough time to transfer for my international flight. I had a couple of hours to admire the international airport, after I payed the airport taxes I changed my last Soles into  Euro and donated the last coins to a foundation. The flight back home was also a good one, having enough space to sit, sleap if my neighbour didn't bother my stepping above me at the armrests!?! Quite strange thing to do. At Amsterdam Schiphol I had a ride home by my family. Home sweet home!!

Already a couple of days I was thinking about how to find Katarina. I thought it was a mission impossible to find her in a large city like Vancouver. My only designation was here name and lastname and the discussion we had about internetsites like hyves.net and facebook.com. I knew she had an account on facebook but how many Katarina's from Canada had signed in on the net? Well it was worth trying a shot. I didn't have any facebook account, so I made one. And after a short search and rescue party I found a name which resembled Katarina's name. But the big question was of course, was she the same person I traveled around for a few days? Well there was one thing to do; I sent her an email and explained the situation. Katarina was traveling in Chile right now so she wouldn't probably read her email if she was the right person. After a couple of days I received an email in my facebookaccount. I clicked and I read the message, would it be her? Yes she was, how on earth!!!! I thanked the modern way of life and of course internet :-)

sylviandavid says:
How nice is that?.... finding a travel buddy on facebook?.... happy end! sylvia
Posted on: Mar 28, 2009