Tegucigalpa

Tegucigalpa Travel Blog

View overlooking Teq
I Spent an enjoyable day in Tegucigalpa , the capital of Honduras . Perhaps a tad surprising given its generally not rated particularly highly by either guidebooks or fellow travellers who tend to either just change buses here or at most stay overnight and leave the following day. But I like to see these sort of places to get the experience - the good , the bad and the ugly - and as with Guatemala City I am glad I took the time to check Tegus out. One of the nicest places in Tegus is the Parque Leona - you walk up some winding streets to reach a little park high up above the city which gives some really great views and you can really see how Tegus is sprawling amongst the surrounding hills. ThereĀ“s another place called Parque La Paz which is even higher up and with some very cool views , but everyone said not to go there alone as it is apparently frequented by drug addict delinquents so with mixed feelings I gave it a miss (I really dont like not doing something I want to do .
Notice the Coca Cola sign
.. even if the guidebooks or the locals tell me not to). So anyway I wandered around some of the main sights in Tegus - the Parque Central , the cathedral , some of the colonial churches and also the San Isidro market in Comayaguela (guidebooks also warn you about this market but it was no problems). There was a local football match in progress on the pitch by the river crossing from Tegus into its twin part of the city Comayaguela which I watched for a while, then there was a local rock band playing in the Parque Central, who were quite entertainingly dreadful - their cover of Zombie by the Cranberries has to be heard ! All in all Tegus was entertaining !!

Catherdral