Leon, Churches and a Revolution

Leon Travel Blog

I'm Spending a day in Leon , a colonial town in the West of Nicaragua which is renowned mainly for its churches and being a key center of the fighting in the Sandinista revolution thirty years ago. I did a personal walking tour around the town and it's various colonial churches, of which there are many.  I also visited the little revolutionary museum in the Parque Central which was kind of OK but as the guide explained things entirely in Spanish , I found I understood very little ... since Spanish classes finished a few weeks ago now I've been pretty lazy at practicing - I need to dig out the books and start trying to master the lingo again.  Spent today just lazily hanging out around Leon , sampling the atmosphere and shooting pool for a few hours with some locals in the pool hall near the university, have enjoyed Tuesday night out in Leon with a multinational crowd from the hostel and some friendly Nicaraguan locals. Could spend some more time in Leon but Wednesday morning I'm moving on to the of capital Managua for a day or so before heading on to Granada which is one of the main travellers hangouts in Nicaragua.
Leon