Lazing around on a sunday in Cork

Cork Travel Blog

Today was a pretty blah day,has been pretty blustery all day and everyone has prettym uch just bene hanging out inside playing cards,board games and whatever else.I watched a movie with a bunch that i met over the last few days and we had popcorn joked around and ad libbed the movie in each others languages which was interesting to hear but all in fun : )

I got some great advice from several of the people from Poland on what to do there once i hit that spot. There's only 3 of us in the dorm now the others all left this morning so it's just me, the italian guy and the french guy left I think those two are staying in Cork for awhile I know one is looking for work over here, not sure about the french guy he may be leaving in morning also, at one in the day we did attempt to ho somewhere but it was just too windy and blustery so we ran back to the hostel in the rain which for me was interesting because everytime i cross a road here i always look the wrong way because I'm not used to cars driving the opposite the way we do in the States, so needless to say i get honked at alot LOL!! Everyone in the lil group of ours keeps telling me no no look THE OTHER WAY as they are laughing at me, it's actually pretty hilarious. I'm like saying hey we drive on the other side in the all in all we had fun today even if it was a terrible rainy day!!! Tomorrow I head to the Cork airport on my way across the pond, I'll be starting to couchsurf after this point though i do have a hostel booked in London, I'm doing London right now just to get ready for the meetup in January that way i'll already know my way around being London is fairly good size so figured why not and get a feel for it ahead of time i think it'll make it that more fun when I go to the meetup. I'm going stop at this point here as i just got asked if i wanted to join a few for dinner and have said yes so I'll continue with this and hopefully get pics when i return to post up for all of you to see : o )

sylviandavid says:
So glad to read this... good job of staying "up" when it would be easy to get down with the weather and all.... hope you have a raincoat! Happy travels! Sylvia
Posted on: Dec 09, 2007