A few new pictures

Cork Travel Blog

Church in Cork
I went strolling around cork today after missing the bus to blarney twice it be nice if they announced what gate it was departing from instead of just saying out the door and to the left........I call it lack of communication towards foreigners, so I'll try again tomorrow maybe but in mean time i found this neat church so i took a few pictures of it then just attempted to browse around cork but I have found out that running around in cork stores is a chore in itself being everyones Christmas shopping and I assume they've never heard of what an aisle is in department stores since thier really narrow, so your bumping into people left and right of course I always say excuse me but apparently they don't say it back(poor manners?)I've also noticed that the people here at the hostel doing nothing but sit on the internet only a few actually venture out and do stuff!! The french people here though are extremely friendly and laugh at my as i say it American remarks like when one sneezes I say bless you and they just laugh, so i guess that isn't said much over this way LOL.
Same church different view
I'm still trying to find decent toiletries here in ireland but once gain i guess they don't use bar soaps or least finding stuff for men isn't easy tons of stuff for girls around which i've noticed that Irish women are obsessed with how they look such as............16 year o d girls trying to look 21 and so forth, it just cracks me up, I can't but laugh everytime i see them, anyways I'm only here fror another 2 days then I'm off to London so hopefully in london I'll actually find some kind of soap since I'm running low on what i brought with me.I was expecting the irish to be alot more friendly then i have seen so far but maybe it's just becuase being in the bigger cities everyone is too busy trying to get somewhere!!
Koralifix says:
Congrats on being featured today! Well done!
Posted on: Apr 01, 2010
and again LOL

My first night at Sheilas Hostel went pretty well considering you have 8 guys crammed into a small room, two of the guys I met right off the bat are cool one is from Italy so i got along with him just great and the second one is quiet but nice can't remember where he was from the others I were out drinking so  haven't had chance to get to know them yet, i also meet 2 girls from france while making dinner so i introduced myself and we got talking becuase i said all your having for dinner is chocolate milk and some bread? They laughed at that thus the ice was broken and we got into a conversation about how long they had been in cork and how long i was staying, they have been here for a week already as they are looking for work but said other than that there was nothing really to do in Cork then we just talked about random stuff after that., oh and if your curious i made pasta with a chicken marsala sauce, later on in the night everyone was heading out to where ever they were going I had decided to stay at the hostel since i was a little tired,so I hung out and watched these two really really drunk guys come in and ask if they could use the phone etc etc in which they hung out for about 30 minutes before getting kicked out, so that was fun to watch.I finally went to bed around 11pm and slept pretty well until the others came in around 3 or so but it wasn't too bad.

Today I'm going to go explore Cork and actually see if there's really  anything to do as I'm here until monday I do believe blarney is close to here so hopefully I'll get a chance to go see, so far it looks like a good day as the sun is now starting to come out so I'm going to go get some breakfast somewhere as the kitchen here really isn't that good and fairly run down and dirty which as a chef kind of scares me, so I'll go in search of better digs to eat at.I'll update you later on how that went and what the rest of the days planning is going to be.

sylviandavid says:
good information on the blarny stone... that's the kind of information that's not in a travel book and only found here on travbuddy!....lol.....I'll never kiss it... maybe i'll just blow it a kiss..... :~) sylvia
Posted on: Dec 09, 2007
dfoo says:
Hope you made it to Blarney Castle. It definitely is close. You might want to think twice about kissing the stone though. Apparently all the local kids piss on the stone for a laugh. I only found out about this after I kissed it though.
Posted on: Dec 08, 2007