Here at last! (Phuket Town)

Thailand Travel Blog

Welcome everybody

Have finally arrived in Phuket. Was at Heathrow yesterday at 9am, flew out 12 mid-day then arrived Singapore 13 hours later. From there went and got our transfer flight back up to Phuket. A potential nightmare flight was actually not to bad, Singapore Airways where fantastic, the staff were friendly, we were being fed constantly and the entertainment was amazing.

I now sit in im my first hostel and possibly the best I will get for a long time. It is really nice, very clean, big tv and chill out area and free internet, what more can you ask for. The only bad thing is that is full of Irish and Australian.

The guys I am travelling are wicked, Sam is like the mother getting everything sorted and Micheal her cousin is really easy going and good laugh.

From Phuket airprt we got a cab for about half hour to Phuket town and wee dropped at Hostel. The town itself is very crazy, erractic driving, food stalls everywhere, loads of stray catsand dogs (should have got rabies jabs) and generally just a thousand times different to England. Everyone out here seems to be alot more relaxed and chilled just sitting and talking very little work. I like it, they are also very friendly evryone saying hello and smiling it might be because they want our money but it still nice.

It is ridiculously cheap out her as well. Were staying in room for next 3 nights 7 pounds each, Our large meal ealer including 2 rounds of drinks, 3 starters and 3 mains cost us 8 pound including tip. Is lovely feel rich for the first time ever.

We are actually the only Englih people i seen out here wish is really refreshing, is nice to come somewhere they have not completley changed for the British tourist trade.

Dont think will be getting much sleep while travelling, I think it pretty much who ever first gets up then everyone up, floor sounds like king kong is marching around so that will wake you up if the annoying ozzie rants don't.

Ok guys am going to bring my second Travel Blog to an end because am probably rattling on. Our next place we heading off to is Patpong, the more seedy and livlier part of the island. Will be posting photos and next blog soon so keep checking or you can sign up for emails everytime I post a blog.
(Backpackers hostel, Phuket town)