t-minus 8 days

Columbia Travel Blog

So a week and a day to go before I'm on the plane to Paris.  Packing is going okay.  I have the bathroom done and I'm going to attack the monstrosity that is my desk tonight I think.  My clothes are packed but there might be some last minute stuffing and removing per usual.  It's hard to fit a years worth of stuff in a couple of bags.  I'll probably take a bunch of crap I don't need and leave stuff I do per usual as well.

School hasn't stopped either.  I need to finish editing a paper, write a group paper and study for my last 2 exams.  I'll breathe easier the afternoon of the 19th when I'm in the apartment and ready to explore paris.

I really can't wait. We have a great apartment that Beaumarchais and Eugune Scribe were born and "some feet away" Jean Baptist Moliere.  We are 2 minutes on foot from Centre Culturel Georg Pompidou, the Seine, the Marais, Forum des  Halles, the Samaritaine, the church St. Eustache.  Five minutes on foot from Louvre, Quartier Latin, St.Germain des Prés, Notre-Dame de Paris, La Sainte Chapelle, Place des   Vosges.  Fifteen minutes on foot to Champs Elysées, Place de la Concorde, Eiffel-Tower, Opera Garnier, Madeleine.

So we should be at the heart of things.  It'll be a small little place but it'll so be worth it :).