Stuck in London

London Travel Blog

Spent the night at Gatwick airport and awakened to a huge mob at the check-in terminal, literally thousands of people waiting in line. Apparently a huge plot was just uncovered to blow up planes from London to the USA on the very morning I am taking a flight from London to the USA and things here are crazy. After 5 hrs I was able to check in. Supposedly the highest terror alert the UK has been on.

No carry-on luggage is allowed on any flights. Anything I wanted to carry with me had to be put into a small plastic bag. All people are being full-body searched and screened multiple times. Books, outside food, even pens were not allowed. Using an internet kiosk right now in the departure lounge. On the plus side, with all this security, probably the safest day to fly.

I am ok just tired and hungry :)

Olhado_ says:
I understand what a hassle that could be I was unfortunate to be in London during the train bombings a year before, luckily I was already in the air for one and resting in the park for the other.

BTW, I am revisiting the past trying to gain ideas about Slovenia and Croatia for my trip this summer. :o)
Posted on: Jan 06, 2008
Ricens says:
Its a little late, but I'm glad you're okay!!
Posted on: Sep 16, 2006
Nick says:
wow! that is quite scary. glad you made it home safely :)
Posted on: Sep 05, 2006