London Travel Blog

Convent Garden area

Arrived  safely in London. 12hr layover before flight to Rome so I have just been wandering around the city. Like it better this time around. Weather is too humid and hot but lots of people out and everyone is friendly. Plus I can still understand and communicate with them so gotta take advantage of that. There is a festival going on and i am going to go listen to an outdoors blues festival in a bit if the sun doesnt kill me first.

Typing this on some crazy stainless steel keyboard in mc donalds. Takes lots of finger pressure to hit each key because the buttons were meant to withstand 40 megatons of force so i am getting a good work out. Also i am only typing 3wpm so I think it is time to stop.

Some entertaining headlines and interesting quotes I read in the newspapers:

"The speed of the trams in the underground have been limited due to the fact that officials are worried that the tracks might bend"

"This is all due to global warming. In 4-5 years, the tube will become a death trap"
Vikram says:
Summer in London is horrible. But I love the tube, and God bless Covent Garden!
Posted on: Jul 08, 2010
Zen says:
Well, in summer they're worried they rails might bend, in winter the trains are late because there's "snow" on the rails (you can still see through it!), and in fall they are delayed because of leaves on the track. So what is the excuse for spring, I wonder?:D
Posted on: Feb 01, 2007
sdbleve says:
I was in London during July a few years ago. Being in the deep Tube tunnels was hell. I found that riding the buses was much more fun at that time.
Posted on: Jan 14, 2007
St. Pauls
St. Paul's
Wishing tree.
Wishing tree.
The outdoor concert. Notice how ev…
The outdoor concert. Notice how e…
photo by: ulysses