It's Raining today..

San Mateo Travel Blog

I left for work this morning bundled up, but not worried about it raining because lately the rain has been teasing me.  Worked on work stuff, and each time I looked out the window I saw the grey skies but didn't think anything of it because I didn't want to get my hopes up.

Lunchtime arrived, but again today I didn't get to go outside because I had to go to a meeting.  As I walked down the stairwell to my meeting, I quickly glanced at the window and I saw raindrops.  I was so surprised I had to do a second take to make sure my contacts weren't playing tricks on me.  I did, and they weren't.. it was actually raining.  When did that rain start I wonder?   Oh well I won't be able to pinpoint the exact time, I just wanted to express my excitement... so yay!!

Imagine how much more excited I was when the clock striked 4:30pm and I made my way to my car and out the parking garage and sure enough "raindrops keep falling on my car".. Love it.

I'm driving, driving in the rain, cars stalled all over the place.. Traffic everywhere I went.  I made my way to Daly City, where I would go to meet my cousins to get ready to go out tonight.  Then at 5:38pm I got that infamous text message.  As I crossed the San Mateo Bridge I read a text from my friend.. that infamous text message read as follows: "Snowboarding this Saturday! Kidding :-p  Still raining tomorrow. Pretty snow in the Sierras ((smile)) Hope it'll be a good winter ((smile))" I love getting those texts, especially when I'm the one who doesn't have to drive to Tahoe.  But the kidding part was right, we've got a jam packed weekend and we won't be able to touch down on that powder at all.  So hoping for a good winter was definitely the right thing to say.

Here's to wishing and hoping for a great winter.. CHEERS!!

RacquelT127 says:
=) yup.. from you.. how cool is that.. you made the blog
Posted on: Dec 09, 2007
Dolphintrekker says:
Infamous tetx message . . . from moi?!?!?! heheheehehe. Love It!!!
Posted on: Dec 09, 2007