We have arrived!

Moshi Travel Blog

Lewis Preaching

We are in Tanzania! Moshi to be exact. We made it safe Tammy, sorry to worry you! It's soooo great to be here! We arrived on Saturday, two days ago! We arrived late late and hadn't slept for two days so we hit the sack! Sunday, we went to church with Jill. Her husband preached and it was a great service. I really had an awesome revalation of the servant with the talents. It was awesome!

Today, Monday, we met with the middle man hooking me up with the clinic I will be working at and afterwards we were dropped at the center to start working on the new education center. We started painting the metal bars in the windows today. We should finish that tomorrow and then we will start painting the walls and the floors.

Frankie
After that Ben needs to build a chicken coop for the 100 chickens they are getting (for the production of eggs for the boys) and some dog houses for the guard dogs.

In a few days we will stop working on that to head to this village. I will be working in the clinic and see 15-40 patients per day and I was basically told I will know more than the doctor that is there now. That is not very encouraging! I hope I can help alot! Ben is going to help with fixer up projects at the mission in the village. We are going to be there for 2 weeks then come back to Moshi to finish up the work at the education center and the orphanage.

Ben likes it here too! I'm totally excited for that! So, we are doing good and just really starting the work they have here for us. Here in Moshi I have internet everyday. In the village, I don't think I will. So, I will keep you updated! For those of you who know Jill, she is due in 3 weeks! I hope she pops before we leave.. not late or anything!

Aimee82 says:
Hi which clinic did you volunteer in and how did you organise it? I am a paediatric a&e nurse looking for a rural clinic to volunteer in from jan 2011 for 3 months. Thanks Aimee
Posted on: Aug 11, 2010
berrypicker says:
I am sooooo glad to hear from you! So glad you made it safely there! I worry about you, Tori, and the Middle Eastern mentality of men, like you were mentioning. Glad to hear Ben has a lucky face. Stick close together!! What a coooool chance to minister there in Tanzania. I'm so thrilled for both of you. We love you!!! Be careful! Mom
Posted on: Mar 17, 2008
Ben and the chicken coop
Ben and the chicken coop
Painting the center
Painting the center
Calvin helping get the supplies ba…
Calvin helping get the supplies b…
Moshi